This year, Tommy’s birthday fell on a Sunday – which he didn’t mind as he was excited to receive the Aaronic Priesthood. Being a Sunday, it wasn’t a big day, however he did love his presents and was eager to attend YM’s for the first time, so he could be with his older brothers.
I’m so proud of my Tommy, as he learnt the entire 13 Articles
of Faith in only two weeks. I think someone must have told him that he needed
to learn them before he could receive the Aaronic Priesthood! I told him this
wasn’t the case; nonetheless he still learnt them all!
Tommy was gifted money from both sets of Grandparents which no doubt he will be spending sometime this week!
![]() | |
| Tommy's prize from Brother McKay for learning the Articles of Faith. |







We really encouraged it in Primary. I'm not sure Rowena used the words "You have to learn the AoF before you can receive the Priesthood" but she certainly challenged both Tommy and Lorenzo to learn them all before they left Primary. I'm sure Bryan said so to you, but he also remarked to me how impressed he was with Tommy!!
ReplyDelete