Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Olea's Birthday Party

Here are some photos of Olea's Birthday party and the day leading up to it. She had a great day with both sets of Grandparents visiting, followed by a sleep-over party that evening. The sleep-over was hard work! Eight little eight-year-olds don't always see eye to eye when it comes to sleeping arrangements! Each girl wanted to sleep next to Olea and there were tears galore! Aside from that, she had a fabulous fun-filled time with games and lots of yummy food. I loved, loved, loved setting up for this party as it was the epitome of fun and girly.
 


When we moved from Brisbane, we sold our swing set and never got around to buying another one. This was what she wanted for her birthday. The night before, Pa and Papa spent an hour setting it up for her. 







Waiting for her guests to arrive!



Early to rise when there are presents to open!

Nana and Papa

Shae, Tahlia, Taylor, Olea, Stephanie and Charlotte.

 1:00 am and the girls were STILL awake! Some of them were exhausted and wanted to go to sleep, others.... well they wanted to stay up and make lots of noise! The sleepy ones were not impressed! The usual "I'm thirsty" and "I need to go to the toilet" and "she keeps waking me up" and "I'm scared" made for a very interesting night and a very exhausted mummy!

Slumber party!

Add caption

Jacob, assisting with pass the parcel. He is such a good big brother!

Fun with Ned

Cheers to the birthday girl!




The next morning

Pin the tail on the donkey

Clowning around the next day.
Friends


Natalie Otto came over to wish Olea a Happy Birthday!

Jacob practicing "I am a child of God" for Olea'.s baptism

Olea and Papa

Easiest cake to make in the world!


No comments:

Post a Comment