This year, Olea has joined the school choir and she sang at her school Anzac Day assembly. She wasn’t well (had a bit of a sore throat), but she was determined to sing in the choir this day! I came along to watch and realised that I had forgotten to put the memory card in my camera! I took some photos, hoping I would be able to retrieve them somehow with a cord running from the camera to the computer but no such luck. That will teach me! I managed to get some photos off Amy and Jo (thank goodness) but unfortunately, none of the choir. The words of the song were very moving – I really need to find out what the song was called.
Here are some photos of the assembly.
Today we made Anzac biscuits, sugar free of course! I found
this great recipe on facebook. Here it is
Ammon seemed to think that they weren’t sweet enough, I
think because I used glucose powder, as opposed to stevia. I just don’t love
the aftertaste of stevia so I don’t tend to use it much. I might try xylitol
next time. Also, I think the fact that I used rice malt syrup instead of golden
syrup made a big difference in the sweetness as well. Oh well, we still loved
them!
We didn’t make it to the dawn service this year – we did have good intentions though! We ended up having a late night plus Jared didn’t get to sleep until 4 am this morning! He was very naughty and had a 1 hour ‘power nap’ at 6:30 last night, thus disturbing his ability to sleep last night!
Jacob marched in the dawn service last year, but has since
quit Army Reserves due to too many other commitments. Besides, Jared isn’t keen
on any of the boys joining the Armed Forces. He states “I don’t want them being
cannon fodder for capitalism”. I didn’t
post about Anzac Day last year, so here is a photo of Jacob from last year!
Here is the Gard family Anzac Index.
http://gardfamilytree.com/index_anzac.html
And it doesn't seem to be working!






No comments:
Post a Comment