Anne - Marie and I woke at 6am for the Mothers Day Classic Fun Run to raise money for Breast Cancer. It was all over by 8pm - ready for us to head to church to listen to Ammon's Mothers Day Sacrament Talk. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry! Just you wait until Fathers Day Jared! LOL
Here it is.
Good morning
Today is Mothers Day and I think that mothers are very important. I think that because of my mother.
My mother is always trying to teach me the right thing and I am glad. My Mother is always helping other people and she is an example to me. I will often see her helping other people. For example my mum can’t start the day without an energy drink. So quite often she finds herself down at the Caltex getting her daily fix and taking old Lisa the aboriginal lady to do her shopping.
She tries to make cookies but always ends up burning them so we end up eating the dough, her last effort nearly burnt the house down.
She respects me, she gave up study for me because she thinks her children are more important.
She cares about me and comforts me a lot.
I know she has given away a lot of food to people who were out of work.
She spends lots of time on Facebook to share her beliefs with others.
I also like knowing that my Mother isn’t perfect especially before 8’ oclock in the morning because that helps her remember to be more patient with me.
One of the best things about my Mother is that she realises that children are more important than anything else.
Even when I accidently broke my bedroom window, she tries not to get angry so that we don’t feel like material objects are more important than God’s own children.
Or at least most of the time she remembers this. I have learned though that sleep is more important than children. Last week we all slept in and I had to wake her up, I think next time I’d rather deal with a swarm of bees or wrestle a crocodile, Dad says she needs her beauty sleep, she just seems to be sleeping more as she getting older.
I am very grateful to my mum, because she once nearly lost me, because when I was 2 my friend taught me how to climb the front gate and run off. A lady found us and drove us to the police station. The police let my mum take us back because they saw that she was a good mum.
I hope we all appreciate our mothers.
I also appreciate my dad for helping me write this talk.
Abraham Lincoln said
The hand that rocks the cradle rules the world.
Happy Mothers Day

No comments:
Post a Comment